Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Visit Belfast's Tower Bridge

I'm all for promoting Belfast for tourists - I think it's a good thing, and welcome any efforts to get Belfast and Northern Ireland into the mind of holidaymakers. However, I came across one website recently which may not be the most helpful. I admit, it might have been an easy mistake to make, but it won't help the tourists who do actually come along to see the city.

What's the problem? Well, the site is using a photo of London's Tower Bridge to promote Belfast. Here it is:



Now perhaps it was an easy mistake - maybe the site developers aren't from Belfast, and they put 'Belfast' into a search engine or stock photo website, and thought it was a great image. After all, HMS Belfast is in the picture. The problem is that it's not in Belfast.

There are loads of great photos of Belfast that could be used to entice tourists to visit, but using photos of London probably isn't the best strategy... Unless Belfast has a new Tower Bridge that I haven't noticed on my travels!

I have emailed the people behind the site, but haven't heard anything from them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment