Sunday, February 18, 2007

The past week...

Wow.. how quickly a few days go by, and no postings made because of busy-ness! This will be a very quick update as I'm getting ready to head out to church. Preaching in the Cathedral in about an hour's time and I'm still wearing my 'youth leader informal clothes' which won't cut it for the evening service - although I wonder if anyone would notice my jeans peeking out from beneath my robes! (Sermon will follow in due time!)

For the past couple of days I've been over in Fermanagh at the Down and Dromore, and the Kilmore, Elphin and Ardagh Confirmation Weekend. We once again invaded the Share Centre in Lisnaskea, having main worship times, as well as small group sessions, and other activities (archery, canoeing, climbing, karting, and 'extreme t-shirt printing'). It was great to have the opportunity to share our faith with the young people who will make their own promises of faith in the next few weeks and months. But as well as that, it was good seeing friends from other parts of the diocese and country.

Before that, on Thursday night I was in St Saviour's Dollingstown at the 'Third Thursday' service. It included the service of Holy Baptism, using the baptismal tank which is a feature in the new building. Every blessing to Glenn and Andrea after their dunking in the cold water - something they won't forget in a hurry!

Before that, I was in Dublin, working away on essays and stuff... and speaking of Dublin, I'll return there in a few hours time, with another week of essays to do, as well as College Fellowship on Tuesday night with Gordon McDade, and a retreat on Wednesday for Ash Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment