Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Latest Prayer Letter - in the post box and email inboxes now!

Greetings from Dublin! As I write this letter in my room in Dublin, the blossom on the trees has come and gone, and we’ve already enjoyed a blast of summer sunshine. These signs can only mean one thing – exams are on the way! We’re now into the last week of teaching before the exam period begins on 21st May.

Things have been busy since I last was in contact. All the essays have been written and handed in. I’ve continued to be involved in preaching, especially in Magheralin. I’ve passed on the leadership of College Fellowship, and I’ve become the new Senior Student in the college.

As we look forward, things will continue to be busy. My colleagues in Third Year will leave us to be ordained to their Curacies. A new group of students will join us in September. I’m also making arrangements for my summer placement – hopefully in Romania with CMS Ireland and the Smiles Foundation, if all works out, as well as preaching engagements in Annalong and the other Dromore in County Tyrone.

I’ve been enjoying this year at College, with the greater opportunities for preaching. It’s also been a good year both getting to know friends better, as well as making new ones in this place. Yet it’s still hard being apart from Lynsey for long periods of time, especially as the exams approach.

I hope that you will continue to pray for me. To help you in knowing what to pray for, please use the following prayer points:

- For us as we prepare for exams – that we will do our best!

- For the Third Years as they prepare for ordination – Adrian, Alan, Barry, Brian, Clare, Ian, James, Rob, Stanley, and the NSM transfers Edith and Irene.

- For my summer plans, both overseas and at home

- For Lynsey and me as we prepare for our marriage next summer, and that we will cope with long periods of separation

- For the new students preparing to come to college in the autumn

- That I would continue to labour in the Word – it can sometimes be hard do theology all day, and to keep up vital personal devotions

- For friends getting married this summer – Primrose & Dan, Lorna & Colin, Bryan & Louise, Stanley & Sarah, Steve & Clotilde

As I’ve been writing, I’ve been thinking of Paul’s word to the Philippians – ‘I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.’ (Phil 1:6) Or to put it another way – God isn’t finished with us yet!

Thank you again for all your prayers and support – it means so much to me to know that so many people are holding me before the Lord. Be assured that I am praying for you as well.

God bless,
Gary

------------

If you would like to receive a copy of the latest prayer letters (currently three or four times per year) direct to your email inbox, or a hard copy in the post, leave a comment, or email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment