Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Adventing

I've been finding recently that I haven't been blogging as much as I used to. It's almost a week since my last posting, so here goes!

We're well into Advent now, the time of waiting and preparation, the time of getting ready for Christmas, but more importantly, for the second coming of Jesus, as King and Judge. For a great advent sermon, check out Robert's blog. He hits the nail on the head.

As well as being Advent, it's the last week of the Michaelmas term in College. Where have the last eleven weeks gone? The essay deadlines are looming - last year all the essays were spaced through the term, but this year we have a blanket deadline of Friday week. So that was a bit of a different dynamic, not having to produce an essay each week, but needing to get them all done before the deadline hits. Having managed to read for and write my Old Testament yesterday, I just have a couple of hundred words left to do on my Church History essay, although the books I need are somewhere at home. It was such a great relief to hand in three essays this morning, and just the one to finish off.

Ahead now are the four weeks of Christmas holidays - happy days, although they'll be my last big long Christmas holidays as next year (DV) I'll be in my new parish. Yes, the Curacy List continues to rumble away in the background - have visited one of the possibilities last weekend and going to another this week. Exciting times!

But the best thing about my Christmas holidays is that my darling Lynsey will be home for the last three of them. It's always good to spend some time together on the same island, and I can't wait to be with her for the holidays, making final preparations and plans for the wedding and thinking over the possibilities of the Curacy parishes... Roll on the 15th!

No comments:

Post a Comment