Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Plan B: Prayin'

It's interesting the songs that appear in the charts. Some have said that the postmodern generation don't do guilt and sin, yet upcoming star Plan B has made that the theme of his newest single release, Prayin'. Now, obviously praying should be our first resort, our Plan A, rather than plan B or further down the list of priorities, so let's look at some of what he's singing about:

I'm prayin', Lord I'm prayin to you,
Take away this guilt all up in my head
I'm pleading, Lord I'm pleading wit' you,
Got some things to do before the day I'm dead

I'm prayin', Lord I'm prayin' to you,
Save me from these sins weighing down on my soul
I'm pleading, Lord I'm pleading wit' you,
got some healing to do inside I'm feeling love.


These are the last two parts of the chorus, which seem pretty straight forward, a clear praying to the Lord to remove the guilt he's feeling and the sins weighing down on him. A fantastic prayer, and one the Lord delights to hear and answer:

And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.' (Acts 2:21)

The verses are a bit more murky, hard to understand on the surface without knowing what he's talking about, but perhaps we'll be able to point to this song to help us explain how to cry out to the Lord in prayer when reaching non-Christians with the good news of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment