Saturday, July 31, 2010

July 2010 Review

This is the 25th blog post of July, the 188th posting of this year so far. Here's some of what has been happening in my life on the blog this month:

July is an important month of cultural events in Northern Ireland, with some thoughts on the Twelfth, Londonderry's culture award, and a Belfast photowalk. There were also family celebrations for a wedding and a wedding anniversary.

There were a few books read this month, with reviews of Sovereign by CJ Sansom, Bible Delight by Christopher Ash, The Ever-Loving Truth by Voddie Baucham, and The Unheeded Christ by David Cook. By my reckoning, that's 30 books so far this year - an average of one per week, so I'm hopefully on course to read 50 books this year.

My preaching included a dreaded fortnight of preacher's choices, so my sermons were from Luke 15:1-10 (audio), Luke 15:11-32 (audio), Hebrews 10, and Mark 9 (audio). We also had another study in Zephaniah, Shameless.

In other news, I thought about being in London on the day of 7/7 five years on, reflected on a year as a Twit, and looked at lifestyle choices in advertising. There was also a McFlurry's McLinks, the 15th variety to be released.

My favourite post this month was on lifestyle choices, and my 365 photo of July was today's:
212/365:2010 Drum Major

1 comment :

  1. I think that 'prolific' is the word! What a great variety of stuff and all good reading, thanks Gary.

    ReplyDelete