Friday, September 09, 2011

Lost

I'm sure you've heard of the parable of the lost sheep, but did you hear the one about the lost rector?

My first week in Fermanagh, and I'm struggling with the highways and byways - mostly the byways! On two separate occasions, with directions provided, I've become completely lost, arriving at a house only to find it isn't the house I'm looking for at all! I'm never very far away, but I'm still lost. Last night, I managed to find the house I was calling at on the second attempt, but on Monday I had to get the phone out and ring the lady again for help!

The Tools for the Councils Challenge

I'll not blame it on the sparse address details, only having the name of the townland to go on, rather it appears I'm not very good at following directions. Was it a left or a right at that crossroads? How many lanes did I need to count? Was I looking for a house or a bungalow?

Turns out that we're all like that. We know the way to go, but we don't listen. We prefer to go it alone, following our own ideas. Rather than follow the instructions, we all like sheep have gone astray. Sooner or later, we too need to realise that we're lost, that we can't make it on our own.

The good news is that when we acknowledge we're lost, and cry for help, we discover that the good shepherd has already came to find us and bring us home rejoicing.

The lost can be found, and what a party awaits us when we are brought home!

No comments:

Post a Comment