Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Are you searching for some Christmas resources? Looking for something you can do at a party? Here's a short Christmas quiz we used at our SNATCH youth group Christmas party on Sunday night. Three quick rounds with lots of questions about Christmas and the festive season. Answers at the bottom of the post.
Round One: Christmas songs
Name the song the line comes from:
1. In the meadow we can build a snowman
2. Sing choirs of angels
3. I don’t care about the presents
4. The baby awakes
5. Making spirits bright
Round Two: Christmas Movies and Books
Name the book / film the character comes from:
1. Ebenezer Scrooge
2. Howard Langston
3. Jack Skellington
5. Kris Kringle
Round Three: General Knowledge
1. How many lords-a-leaping are given in the song?
2. The Christmas tree in Trafalgar Square is a gift from which nation?
3. What is the name of The Simpson’s pet greyhound?
4. In which Bible book do you find the arrival of the wise men?
5. In what country did Saint Nicholas originate?
The Answers (no peeking!)
1. Winter wonderland
2. O come all ye faithful
3. All I want for Christmas is you
4. Away in a manger
5. Jingle bells
1. A Christmas Carol
2. Jingle all the way
3. The Nightmare before Christmas
5. Miracle on 34th Street
3. Santa’s little helper