Sunday, January 20, 2008

Leader Follows the Flickr Fashion

If you've been following my blog for any length of time, you'll know how much I like Flickr (when it works). It's a great website for sharing photos, and see the attempts of others. Over the year or so that I've been using it, I hope that my photos are getting better as I gain inspiration from other photographers!

Now it seems that the local newspapers are getting into the Flickr frenzy as well. Recently I got an email from John Hooks, from the Banbridge Leader, asking could they use some of my shots in the paper. Well, of course I said yes! They're starting a new weekly feature where they highlight the best local shots by local photographers, and I'm going to be featured!

I noticed that it started this week, with a shot of the old Down Shoes factory by someone else. Hopefully mine will be there soon. Sadly, though, they don't seem to be running the feature on their website, so there'll be nothing to link through to.

Nice to see the 'Leader' following the Flickr fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment