Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 2011 Review

The end of another month, the children are going back to school, and my holiday between jobs comes to an end with my Institution service this Friday night. On the blog, it's been a quiet month with a huge break in the middle as we moved house and settled into the rectory. Still, there have been 11 posts, made up of the following:

My only preaching in August has been the three farewell sermons in Dundonald, at the midweek congregation on Colossians 1, the morning congregation on 1 Corinthians 3, and the evening congregation on Matthew 9. Ironically, having established the sermon audio website there, no recordings of the three have survived!

There were book reviews, The Long of it by Ernest Long; True Spirituality by Vaughan Roberts and Johnny Cornflakes by Denise George.

In other news, I thought about the border and the barker, moving house and going up in the world.

Had I remembered my camera, the photo of the month might have been taken from the top of Slieve Croob, but as it is, the photo of the month is Ancient Stones:
Ancient Stones

No comments:

Post a Comment