Thursday, February 09, 2006

Things that go bump in the night...

I don't think I have been engaged in any sleep-walking activities so far this term, although I had been suffering from tiredness, and general waking up at night. But last night must take the biscuit... Having been tired recently, I've been making sure I get early nights (although end up not sleeping for the first hour or so anyway...) so last night was in bed by 11pm. I can't remember being awake then, so I must have went off to sleep rather quickly.

But then I woke at one point during the night (or near the morning), and I was so confused!!! The duvet wasn't over me properly - sort of falling off the bottom of the bed... the curtains were open and some light was coming in through the 'open' window... and the sheet had it's top corner dangerously draped over one of the cactus plants sitting on my window sill - which I expected to pull down on top of myself if I moved even slightly....

It took a few minutes of sorting the whole situation (and me sort of semi-concious) to retrieve the sheet from the cactus without bringing it on top of me and getting jagged to death, to close the curtains again, and to get the duvet into a more regular shape.

Is it any wonder I'm tired during the day when I get so much exercise at night? Thankfully I haven't ever ventured out of my room at night - as that would be truly awful, getting locked out for the night, as I don't think I could go and waken anyone with a master key...

No comments:

Post a Comment