Wednesday, March 07, 2007

If my people...

On Monday night, we had our usual Late Praise service in the College Chapel. This week it fell to me to organise. Having cast my vote over the weekend (using my postal vote), the elections were in my mind. So I thought we would read, think and pray about our position as God's people in the world.

One of the readings we used was 2 Chronicles 7:14 - 'if my people who are called by my name humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.'

We were praying for revival to come, to see the increase of the kingdom in our land - north and south - but then someone prayed a prayer, and it blew me away... Revival starts with us. It's up to the people of God (called by his name) to be humble, and pray, and seek God and repent as the key to see God acting.

What are we doing to constantly seek God's face and walk in his ways? Are we ready to be totally transformed by the Spirit so that others see the transformation and ask what it's all about (1 Peter 3:15)

Send revival Lord, and start with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment