Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Introductions

Hello, my name is Gary, and I'm a Christian.

Introductions was the theme of the weekend just past for me. On Friday, I headed off to Donegal, to the village of Ardara to be precise, for the service of Introduction of the new Bishop's Curate for the parishes of Ardara, Glenties, Glencolumbcille, Lettermacaward, and Inniskeel. John Deane, a Donegal man himself is heading to that part of the world again in his first full-time incumbency.

To show our support, some of the Theological Students were in attendance, and robed. The robing room was a flurry of activity and chatter before the service, as we were meeting the clergy of Derry and Raphoe and other visiting clergy. As the rare breed of Ordinands, they all wanted to know who we were and where we were from. Lots of introductions - and I even found a man of a similar background to myself - a minister originally from Dromore, born and bred!

Then on Saturday, we moved over to county Cavan, where there were more introductions as I met the Trenier family; and then later on at the WWW youth event in Kilmore Cathedral Hall, which (as far as I know) is out in the sticks somewhere near Cavan town. Linking into my weekend theme of Introductions, the speaker was talking about Identity, and how we see ourselves.

So how do you introduce yourself? What are the things you highlight about yourself? What are the things you promote?

No comments:

Post a Comment