Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Moving On Up

Got a pleasant surprise when I heard that my brother minister Adrian is moving on up, from an 'umble curacy in St Mark's Newtownards to be rector of St Peter's on the Antrim Road. Not only a big step up in terms of responsibility, but also crossing the river, and the diocesan boundaries. He's only really on short-term loan to the Diocese of Connor!

Having been one of Adrian's confidantes through much of his recent parish hunting, it's been an interesting time to watch it all unfold. Seeing him think through where it was God was calling him, as well as the type of parish he was seeking, has started me thinking about these things too. After all, Adrian is now the first of my college colleagues to be appointed Rector. In two short years it could be my turn to move on from Dundonald either to a second curacy or even a first incumbency.

Where could that be? Another 'city church' or more rural life? An established parish or a church plant? I cannot tell right now, but the Lord knows the future, and the plans he has for me. I'm happy to wait and see, and work in the meantime where I am now, rather than obsessing about the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment