Thursday, September 30, 2010

September 2010 Review

It's that time of the month again, the last night, in which we review the events of the blog over the last few weeks. September has been quietish on the blog, with this being the 18th posting, 223 for the year so far.

This month we took a little holiday, which I wrote about here. While I was away, I got some reading in, although I haven't even got round to reviewing my holiday reading yet. Instead, there were some book reviews from earlier in the month, including Captured by a Better Vision by Tim Chester, A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson, and Evangelical Feminism: A New Path to Liberalism? by Wayne Grudem.

Someone else was travelling as well, with the Pope coming on a visit to the UK. I flagged up some sermons from All Souls relating to his visit, while my own preaching was from Matthew 5 (audio), Mark 11 (audio) and Genesis 3 (no audio!). I also thought about the seeming sermon sabotage with inflated visitor stats for pressured pastors.

In other news, we had an installment of McFlurry's McLinks, thought about the anger and the laughter of the Lord, and had some nostalgia in the form of remembering some games, and one game in particular.

My favourite post of the month was the one remembering fun times, and my photo of the month on the 365 project was Funderland:
272/365:2010 Funderland

No comments:

Post a Comment