Friday, February 25, 2005

Weekend plans...

Well, here goes for another post. Work this week has been busy again, with lots happening. I work for a victims' support group, called West Tyrone Voice (see link on the right to our new website), based in, yes, you've guessed it! West Tyrone!

I've been here for just over two years now, and I organise a variety of training courses and programmes, and other stuff as well. But my work here will finish in June, when I prepare to move to Dublin for theological training. Even though I will finish, the work here will not be done for a long time, because there are so many people who have been affected by terrorism in this area, that the scars of the Troubles (both physical, mental and psychological) will be still with these people.

This weekend, I'm helping at a youth weekend in Fermanagh, with our Diocese (see 'Reflect Youth' link), so I'll probably get very little sleep, and will be on the go a lot. Ah well, it's all worth it, and it should be great craic.

No comments:

Post a Comment