Sunday, August 05, 2007

Holy Trinity, Dromore


Holy Trinity, Dromore
Originally uploaded by Gary McMurray.

Well, after my early start and the big journey to the far reaches of County Tyrone, I made it to the other Dromore! I was taking the morning service as holiday cover for Bryan Martin, their new Rector. As I've previously mentioned about Annalong, it's always an experience to step into a 'strange' parish and do services.

This morning we were on Morning Prayer One, the traditional service, so at least we had the luxury of at least some familiarity. Another bit of familiarity was that Dromore is the home parish of my college colleague, Stephen Farrell, who was present and read the lesson.

It's always hard to know, but I think the service went okay. The congregation were very welcoming and friendly, and the welcome was furthered by the churchwarden afterwards.

The congregation will celebrate fifty years of the present building next year, and I have to say it's perhaps the best church I've been in for acoustics, responses and general sound quality. A joy and delight to preach and lead in, and also my first time in the Diocese of Clogher.

Sermon was on 1 Samuel 12, as they're working through a series on the book, looking at 'who is the real king?' The sermon will be available shortly soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment