Thursday, February 03, 2011

Seven Nation Army Stands Down

It was one evening in rural West Tyrone that I first encountered The White Stripes. I was working in Newtownstewart at the time, and had taken a wee trip up to Londonderry after work. On my way back to the village I was driving along in my blue Corsa, listening to Across The Line on BBC Radio Ulster. Medium Wave, because of the poor radio reception in the area.

As ATL often do, they were playing some upcoming releases, new music, and that's when the throbbing, unmistakable beat began. Even with the fuzzy Medium Wave reception, I knew it was a classic that first time I heard it.



Seven Nation Army will remain one of the best songs ever, which makes it sad that The White Stripes have announced they won't be making any more music. All that's left to say is, in the words of Abba, thank you for the music!

No comments:

Post a Comment