Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Moving on up...

Things were fun in the office this morning, with a bit of furniture moving, as we consolidate the operation from two offices into one. The office now is looking a bit of a mess, with one cabinet in particular sitting at an odd angle in the middle of the floor, but we will get it all sorted soon enough!

But all this thinking of moving reminds me that my time here is short... today 5 months will be my first week at College, with all the challenges it will bring. I've been in contact with some of the other people who will be starting, and I think it's fair to say we're looking forward to it all, but with just a bit of trepidation.

There will be big changes, going from a job to being a student again; moving from a wee tiny village in the countryside, to living and studying in the big city of Dublin; moving from living alone in a flat, to being amongst thirty or so other people in the halls; from having a steady wage to living on the grants available; and many others I can't think of at present!

But it is very exciting, believing this to be what and where God wants me to be, and walking in his paths; learning more about him, and some ways in which to share the faith with those around us in our new parishes; growing and developing in my faith, and hopefully laying aside those things that hold me back, or cause me to stumble all too frequently. But I find hope and encouragement in this verse: 'being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.' (Philippians 1:6)

Even so, Lord, have your way with me, and lead me on!

No comments:

Post a Comment