Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Photography

Last night, even though I was working, I had a relaxed and relaxing evening. I was putting together a powerpoint presentation for our Spirituality class, using photos I had taken. The session was an exploration of the use of photography in the spiritual life, so I thought about things such as photos bringing back memories of the events; photos as seeing, capturing and appreciating the beauty of God's creation; and the communal aspects of Flickr, with friends and comments and meet-ups.

The presentation also used music, the hymn 'How great thou art', while showing pictures of nature. Hopefully I'll soon be able to show the presentation on the blog - Robert, my technical adviser is considering the best way of doing it!

Even without the additional benefits of having something to present in class, or to show on the blog, I really enjoyed making the powerpoint - seeing photos I haven't seen in a while, and thrilling at the beauty contained therein.

What is your way of relaxing?

No comments:

Post a Comment