Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Nominated

I've received an email today from Premier Christian Radio telling me that I'm a finalist in this year's Original Christian Web and New Media Awards in the Best Christian Blog category. Over the next couple of weeks the judges will be reviewing the various nominated blogs, and by the end of August, the winner and runner-up will be revealed in advance of the awards ceremony in London on 18th September.

So if you're one of the judging panel, you're most welcome to the blog!

I'm not sure who it was that nominated me (thank you, anonymous person!) - a few weeks back I had received an email from the Christian Bloggies telling me I had been nominated, and didn't really think much more of it. After all, my poor blog is hardly worth an award. It's not as if I write the blog to seek out nominations or awards - the blog is just the outpourings of my life, what I'm learning, reading, enjoying, struggling with, and thinking about. Not for anyone else, I write the blog for myself, and other people happen to look over my shoulder.

Still, it's interesting to be nominated, and we'll see what happens. The awards are in their third year, with some fine winners in 2008 and 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment