Monday, July 27, 2009

Waiting for the Deliverymen

Today was the date in the diary for a furniture delivery at home. The delivery was marked in for some time between 8am and 6pm. Well, says I, this could be a long day of waiting. Plenty to do in the study for sermon prep and catching up after last week at New Horizon.

So I was sat at my desk at 8.10am, doing some quiet time journalling when the phone rang. Ah, says I, this will be the phone call giving me a rough time of delivery before they rang again when they were an hour away.

But no, the guy says, "are you in the house? I'm sitting in the big white van outside your door!" Instant panic to get the old stuff moved and out of the way to get the new stuff in, but we got it done! So it's all here now and very comfortable.

No waiting needed, ten minutes and he had arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment