Monday, November 07, 2005

Normal service resumes

Apologies if you saw the last post, which was actually no post - just a title. I can assure whoever the eagle-eyed anonymous reader that I had included a full posting, but that it disappeared somehow in the publishing. I'm not sure that there was much of interest in it though, so it may have been providential that it was deleted.

Today, however, is much more exciting, and will go down in the annals of history as the day of the Great Hebrew Revolt. Half of our Hebrew class has resigned today, leaving just two brave (foolish) souls to continue trying to make sense of the series of squiggles, dots and dashes which is Hebrew... I am now tempted myself to give up too, simply because I'm not making any progress in it myself - as homework we had to try to start to read Psalm 23, and I cannot get any of the words!

I'm looking forward to the weekend too, as I'm jetting back to Scotland again, for the wedding of Chris Somerville, who I went to school with. I'm assuming it's going to be a ceilhe (or however you spell a mad Scottish dance night), so should be good craic. Then it's off up to Dundee again to stay in Lynsey's flat again for her birthday weekend - it all worked out rather well that I would be in Scotland that weekend! And I know it's just a week since I last saw her, but I can't wait to see her again!

But for now, it's back to the reading of Hebrew in an attempt to prepare for the two hours of a nearly empty classroom - we will have nowhere to hide now!

No comments:

Post a Comment