Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Holidays

Despite the published updates last week, I wasn't near a computer the whole time. The advance publication took on blogger really is great - write up your posts, publish with a future time, and the post is held until that time is reached. Voila!

Anyway, the reason I wasn't near a computer was that Lyns and myself were off on holiday, to the volcanic island of Lanzarote. Some winter/spring sun and a much-needed break. Great stuff.

Temperatures were about 21 - 25 degrees Celsius / Centigrade, which is hot enough for me! Lots of relaxing by the pool, reading, sightseeing, and taking things easy. By Tuesday I had finished all my books, and in the end had to buy one for the journey home, having read all of Lynsey's too! Reviews to come in the near future. Lesson for next holiday - take more books!

One of the highlights was a camel ride near Timanfaya National Park - I'll have some photos of that, and also the sights of the island on Flickr some time soon.

For now, though, it's back to work, with the Easter Vestry on Thursday night, and Holy Week looming next week. There's also a stack of emails, and 575 new blog entries to read on Google Reader at some point. I'm refreshed and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment