Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Word With You

Psalm 1 reminds us that blessed is the one whose 'delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.' Meditating points to chewing it over, like a cow chews the cud, to get the full meaning out of the verses concerned. But how can we do this when we're busy people? Aside from a quiet time, how can we continue to reflect on the word through the day?

If you're anything like me, then you may well forget and be caught up in other things - even good things. Now I've hit on a scheme to help me remember and meditate, which happens as often as I check my phone for texts.

All it takes is a Bible, and a mobile phone with a camera. Take a photo of the verse you're using that day, or week, then store that photo as your screensaver/background. Every time you lift your phone, you see the verse which sets is running through your head again, stirring up reflections and maybe even influencing how you respond to THAT text or phone call.

I've even modified my suggestion, by having written the verses out first in my journal, then taken the photo:

I Will Rejoice

No comments:

Post a Comment