Thursday, June 10, 2010

Old McDonald to the Rescue!

Over the past week or so, we've been spending quite a lot of time with family due to a health issue. It means that I've been seeing my niece who lives in Scotland, who we don't get to see terribly often. However, there was a problem. The past couple of times that we've seen each other, whether in Northern Ireland or in Scotland, Elizabeth has burst into tears as soon as she's clapped eyes on me.

This happened whether she was with her mum, or with a whole load of people. If I got too close, or she crawled too close to me, then tears were inevitable! So imagine my panic when I was left with Elizabeth while her mum popped into the kitchen. Just the baby and me. Tears were ripe. What to do?

At just the right moment, Old McDonald came to the rescue. Yes, that Old McDonald, the one who has a farm and all the noisy animals! Back when I was a baby, iPhones and YouTube had never been invented, but now they are my guarantee for a tear-free time with my baby niece. Old McDonald had a farm; Twinkle Twinkle Little Star; The Elmo Song; Five Little Ducks Went Swimming One Day; and many other kiddies favourites, all playing on my phone leads to smiles and dancing and happy times!

So you can join in with one of your old favourite childhood songs, I give you Old McDonald:

No comments:

Post a Comment