Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Kingdom of Mourne

Or so they call it... This morning I was down in Kilkeel with work, as I continue my research project. The weather was great for a drive down round the coast, and I mostly enjoyed getting there - except for the wee southern reg car which crawled along (with no overtaking places)...

So on the way back, again I was coming round the coast, through Annalong - which seems to have a huuuuge rectory - I'd never seen it before - and on round towards Newcastle. And coming up to Maggie's Leap, there appeared a glorious view of Dundrum Bay, and Newcastle, all in the sun. And there, the jewel in the crown, was the Slieve Donard Hotel, looking well after the extension. I'm not sure that it's finished yet, but from that distance, the new build seems to fit in with the rest, and looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment