Saturday, May 26, 2007

Oh to see the dawn

Recently I got a new phone, a great upgrade from O2. It's a Nokia 5300, and one of the special features is the built-in mp3 player. Now I will have music wherever I am, even without my Creative Zen V. Anyways, enough about gadgets.

This morning I was half awake, and waiting for the bathroom to become free. Saturday morning is the only morning there is a queue for the bathroom in our house! I remembered I had put some music onto the phone, and started up the music player. It was then that my half awake moments were turned to praise - through the effect of one song.

It's from last year's Summer Madness CD, and is entitled 'Oh to see the dawn.' The words are very powerful, in reminding us of the power of the cross - without which none of us could be saved.

OH, TO SEE THE DAWN, Of the darkest day:
Christ on the road to Calvary.
Tried by sinful men, Torn and beaten, then,
Nailed to a cross of wood
.

This, the power of the cross: Christ became sin for us.
Took the blame, bore the wrath - We stand forgiven at the cross.

Oh, to see the pain, Written on Your face,
Bearing the awesome weight of sin.
Every bitter thought, Every evil deed,
Crowning Your bloodstained brow
.

Now the daylight flees, Now the ground beneath,
Quakes as its Maker bows His head.
Curtain torn in two, Dead are raised to life;
'Finished!' the victory cry
.

Oh, to see my name, Written in the wounds,
For through Your suffering I am free.
Death is crushed to death, Life is mine to live,
Won through Your selfless love
.

This, the power of the cross: Son of God - slain for us.
What a love! What a cost! We stand forgiven at the cross.

Keith Getty & Stuart Townend Copyright © 2005 Thankyou Music

No comments:

Post a Comment