Monday, June 25, 2007

Declining readership?



Why do we blog? Occasionally I come across this theme when reading other blogs. Is it a form of ego? Is it endless self-promotion? On thinking about the question myself, I find it good to have an outlet to write, and to share insights from the Scriptures. I also enjoy sharing what I've been up to, and showing some of my photos.

They say that confession is good for the soul. Maybe this blog is a form of a confessional for me - that could lead to interesting psychiatry or psychology... Whatever it is, you may have noticed that readership isn't a big concern to me - I think if no one was reading, I would still be blogging away, but it is certainly a bonus that people do read the blog.

I've noticed that over the past week, though, my readership has collapsed (and not from the shock of what I have written!). Normally the blog would get about 20 - 30 page views per day, but over this past week, it has fallen away to virtually nothing - just 3 on Friday and 1 on Saturday. I'm not sure why, but it's slowly climbing again. As I've said above, even should no one be reading, I'll still be here, blogging away!

2 comments :

  1. http://www.molly.com/2006/04/14/who-do-you-blog-for/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blog because I see it as a good way of making people open their eyes about religion and God. There are so many people that think they believe in the divine but actually, once questioned and once made to think, really think about it, they realize that they don't.

    I see faith aqs a great cause of harm in modern society and something we must stop believing is virtuous. I also believe that altough moderate theists can do a lot of good, they are propping up the fundamentalists that cause much of the misery and suffering we see today.

    Crikey, how's that for controversial on this blog!

    BTW, I can't seem to log in, I'm Michael from www.atheistperspective.com

    ReplyDelete