Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Late Substitution

The Sunday after Christmas is my Sunday off. A nice break after the rush and busyness of the festive season. Yet early this morning I got an urgent text from a friend in need. Poor Adrian has been taken by a tummy bug and had a rough night so couldn't take his service in St Peter's this morning. What to do?

Well I couldn't leave him in the lurch, so off I set to the church!

At such short notice, I wasn't preaching on the lectionary readings, so instead preached a remix version of my Christmas Eve sermon on Titus 2:11. It was good being with the St Peter's congregation, and hopefully Adrian will be better soon.

So it's back to the holidaying with the problems of a broken shower and an unspinning washing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment