Saturday, January 21, 2006

Class Flight

So here I am in Dundee again... This morning hasn't started yet, but we're heading out somewhere soon... It's just great being with Lynsey again! Anyways... don't want to make you sick, so I'll talk about something else - namely that suggested by the title of this posting.

I flew with Ryanair last night from Dublin to Prestwick, and I really enjoyed the flight! First off, it was very smooth, so smooth in fact that I wasn't tense (as anyone who has flown with me before can testify I normally am tense!). So I must be getting used to this flying lark... Even though, in the words of Father Ted, "If God wanted us to fly, he would have put the airports closer to the cities."

But the main reason I enjoyed last night's flight was that it was a clear evening, and I could see everything! We basically followed the line of the M1 north from Dublin, so I could see the lights of Drogheda, and the Boyne Bridge and the toll booths (all of which looked very tiny), then Dundalk, and Newry, Banbridge, Lurgan/Craigavon/Portadown, Dromore, Kinallen, Dromara, then Lisburn which merged into Belfast and continued out the other side to Bangor and Ards... And we flew directly over Newcastle, which was amazing to see!

So if only all flights could be like that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment