Wednesday, September 20, 2006

New Prayer Letter!

Why is it that when you're trying to get things done, then the computer wants to play up?Last night, late on, I was trying to get the prayer letter typed, so that the posted copies could be in the post, and then it could be emailed to some people, and blogged etc... But oh no... technology didn't want to help last night at all. When I printed the test run of the labels, it lined up perfectly to the sticky label settings... but once I put the actual labels in, then they were off, and the first line wasn't on the label at all. So the envelopes had to be written by hand. Then the actual text was lost, and I had to type it up again... Just a bit annoying.

Anyways, the prayer letters have now been done - if you receive one normally by post, then it will be with you tomorrow, if you receive one by email, it should be in your inbox, and if you want to be added to either list, then let me know! Here below is the actual prayer letter:

Greetings from Dromore! We’re now into the last week before college begins again, so I thought it was time to send out my next prayer letter. First off, can I thank you for your prayer support over the past year, and ask that you continue to remember me in your prayers in second year?

Thankfully, I managed to pass my exams last year, so they’re going to let me back in! The summer was a time of relaxing, as well as containing some learning and gaining experience – I managed to attend the Proclamation Trust Preaching Summer School in London, which was a great help; as well as spending time in France with friends, and at BB Camp in Kent, acting as Chaplain. The other big news of the summer was that I got engaged to Lynsey!

But the summer is now over, and I return to Dublin on Sunday afternoon. There will of course be new challenges this term, as we move on to new courses, such as Christology, Soteriology and Hermeneutics [and no, I haven’t a clue what they are either!]. Our Pastoral course will contain more work this year, including a Friday-and-Sunday parish placement, which at present looks like it will be in Magheralin with Gareth Harron.

Since the summer, we have lost some friends from college, as they have been ordained. But a whole group of friends – both old and new are just waiting to start at college for the first time or return again for another year.

Some current prayer points are:
- For the students at CITC, both the new students, and the returning ones
- For the newly ordained deacons, especially Adrian in Newtownards and Craig in Lurgan
- For Gareth, Ruth and Annabelle in Magheralin, as well as the people of the parish as I work with them
- For Stephen and Trevor, as they lead the congregation in Dromore
- For Lynsey and me as we prepare for marriage (in a couple of years time)
- For me, that I would be a good witness for Christ in Trinity classes with ‘normal’ students, and in all that I do in Dublin
- That I would continue to grow in my faith through second year

Once again, thank you for your prayers and support. Be assured that I am praying for you, as you pray for me. Together, we can make an impact for the gospel of Christ in Dublin, and across this island.


God bless.
Gary



'For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it, the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”’ (Romans 1:16-17)

No comments:

Post a Comment