Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Venice Part Nine

Our last evening in Venice was marked by going for dinner, and we returned to the same place we had been to on Saturday. The food was again excellent, and of course, it had to be pizza! I started with the same salami pizza from Saturday, but added peppers. The others got a more fancy one which, among other things, had a fried egg on it. I couldn't bring myself to try it though.

We went for a bit of a walk and stopped for coffee. I'm not sure what notion took us, but we decided to sit outside. Those actually drinking coffee may have been heated by it, but for me, orange fanta only made me colder! That done, we then returned to the convent - our earliest return, but on the last night we're all just a bit tired.

Our flight tomorrow isn't until the evening, so we're going to have a bit of time to wander for the final time. Then home again!

1 comment :

  1. So Gary, it has been a "Study Trip", has it? You could have fooled me! Have a read below:

    "excitement and adventure as we go exploring"

    "What a day of excitement and activity"

    "my fondness and attachment to bed and sleeping in as long as I possibly can"

    "vegetable soup and then pasta with bacon, onion and tomato sauce. It was all very good, but made me feel very full again... a constant feeling in Venice, it seems!"

    "we had some free time",

    "spent back at the convent relaxing and writing up the journal"

    "We then went and had drinks"

    "We brought our evening to a close with yet more coffee (or coke in my case), and some lovely gelato (ice cream), and a walk back to the convent."

    "Tomorrow we get a bit of a lie in"

    "This morning we had nothing on the agenda"

    "refreshments were available"

    "After lunch, we had the afternoon free"

    "I went for a wander"

    "we can hop on and off the riverbus at will"

    "split up for an afternoon of free time"

    "browsed some of the shops"

    "I wandered and checked emails, and chatted on msn to Lynsey!"

    "Having still some time free"

    "our 'gala dinner'"

    "before tomorrow's excitement and adventure."

    "some coffee before splitting up for some free time"

    "I checked my emails, and wandered up to Rialto, purchasing some souviners for the parents and such like."

    "We went for a bit of a walk and stopped for coffee"

    "Our flight tomorrow isn't until the evening, so we're going to have a bit of time to wander for the final time"

    Does it sound like a "Study Trip" to anyone else out there?

    P:)

    ReplyDelete