Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Holy Week in College

So here we are, Holy Week in the College, and yet it doesn't appear to be much like Holy Week. The services are continuing on just as normal (albeit using the Holy Week readings), but wihtout anything special for this week. It just seems a bit strange to me, being used to the Holy Week services in parishes 'in the north' (to use that contentious phrase!). Although, even then, I have to admit it must be about four years (at least) since I attended every night of Holy Week in the one place, due to my exile in Tyrone and all that...

This morning we had the College Photograph, so we were all looking well for once! And it went off surprisingly quickly, given that sometimes things can be a bit muddled and disorganised...

Tonight then, is the House Meeting, at which I will (DV) be appointed as Year Rep for the second year, which will keep me busy, doing all the Rep stuff!

Oh, and I managed to get the first of those four essays done last night, after a sustained effort (and missing Greek), so now I'm working on the book review for Pastoral, then after that I'll think about the New Testament and the Church History ones...

Yes, as you can see, this is all a bit scattered today - I have a few minutes before class and wanted to do a normal update type posting, rather than copying and pasting my sermons and letters! I will put some more coherent thoughts on Holy Week and the cross together before Friday. Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment