Sunday, November 05, 2006

Christ Returns by 1988 - 101 reasons why - or not...

That's the danger with this prophetic stuff... you go into print in 1979, giving 101 reasons why Jesus is going to come back in 1988. It seems as if it's far enough away to not get too panicked, and yet enough time to get ready for it.

And then it doesn't happen.

Given that we're now in 2006, I think it's fair to say that Colin Hoyle Deal, the author of the book, from Rutherford College in North Carolina got it horribly wrong. His book was pathetic, rather than prophetic. Jesus didn't return in 1988.

But why am I writing about it? Well, given the slagging I got last night about blogging from Dave, I thought I had to write something about yesterday... although I didn't do it last night. As you have probably gathered by now, my Saturdays are generally spent heading off to random places with mum, where she goes round the shops, and I have a wander about.

I like visiting charity shops (yeah, your wondering where my wardrobe came from have been resolved! or not...), to have a look at the books. Yesterday we were in Lisburn, then Larne and Carrickfergus. I picked up the book of the title up in Carrick, and instantly put it down. After all, why have it if it wasn't true? But then I thought, hmmm, this could be interesting! So the 50p asking price was handed over, and the book became mine, to join the library!

At some point I'll even get round to reading it... anyone want to help write a book explaining why Jesus will come back in 2020?

1 comment :

  1. Its 2020 now. Still no Jesus (though we sure could use him right now!).

    ReplyDelete