Thursday, November 16, 2006

My Chemical Romance's Black Parade



A little bit of contemporary culture... My Chemcial Romance's latest chart hit is called 'The Black Parade.' The opening part of the song goes like this:
When I was a young boy,
My father took me into the city
To see a marching band.
He said, "Son when you grow up,
would you be the savior of the broken,
the beaten and the damned?"
He said "Will you defeat them,
your demons, and all the non-believers,
the plans that they have made?"
"Because one day I'll leave you,
A phantom to lead you in the summer,
To join The Black Parade."

So the first few times I heard it, I thought they were talking about the Black Parades in Northern Ireland - swords, marching bands, the summer... Seemingly not... An interesting overlap of cultures though, for both to be thinking of Black Parades!



No comments:

Post a Comment