Sunday, June 26, 2005

Caution! Being with Jesus changes your life!

Acts 4... Peter and John had healed the cripple, and they were held overnight for questioning, and they answered everything the chief priests asked, and answered well - including the key verse: 'Salvation is found in no-one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.'

But notice what the chief priests noticed:

'When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realised they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus'

The time spent with Jesus had educated these men beyond what the priests expected of them, and they were ambassadors of Christ, empowered and equipped by the Spirit working through them.

Oh Lord, grant that we would also be changed and empowered, by spending time with you, in prayer, and in Bible study, so that we too would be fearless ambassadors for you. And grant that my time in College wouldn't fill my head with things which take away from my relationship with you, but that I would be equipped with and encouraged to deepen my faith and relationship with you. Peter and John didn't go to College, yet could preach with a Spirit-given power and authority, grant, Lord, your empowering for my preaching, weak as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment